Skip to Main Content
Select a Category
CivicPlus Test Category - Please Ignore
CivicPlus Test Category 2 - Please Ignore
Planning & Building Regulations
Richmond Art Center
Richmond Department of Children and Youth
signing in or creating an account
, some fields will auto-populate with your information and your submitted forms will be saved and accessible to you.
Sign in to Save Progress
Employee Survey on Race and Equity
This form has been modified since it was saved. Please review all fields before submitting.
The City of Richmond is a member of the Government Alliance on Race and Equity (GARE), a national network of government working to achieve racial equity and advance opportunities for all. Through GARE, a delegation of city staff representing several departments have learned about the ways in which racial inequities can exist within social systems such as education, criminal justice, employment, housing, public infrastructure and health. Your completion of this questionnaire will provide information that will be helpful in advancing racial equity in the City of Richmond’s workplace and within the community we serve. Your responses to the prompts in the questionnaire will remain anonymous and will be combined with responses of other city employees. Thank you for participating in the racial equity survey.
YOUR EXPERIENCES AND PERSPECTIVES
1. I think it is valuable to examine and discuss the impacts of race.
2. I feel competent in my interactions with people of other races.
3. I have a basic understanding of concepts related to racial equity.
4. I know how to identify examples of institutional racism (i.e., when organizational programs or policies work better for white people than for people of color, usually unintentionally or inadvertently).
Strongly agree (go to question 4a)
Somewhat agree (go to question 4a)
Somewhat disagree (skip to question 5)
Strongly disagree (skip to question 5)
Don't know (skip to question 5)
4a. (if employee can identify examples of institutional racism, as indicated in Q4) I have the tools to address institutional racism in my workplace.
IN YOUR DEPARTMENT …
5. I feel comfortable talking about race.
6. I am actively involved in advancing racial equity in my work.
7. I would become more active in advancing racial equity if… (Mark all that apply)
I had more information so I knew what to do
I received training
I had more time
I had the support of my supervisor or manager
Racial equity strategies received more funding
I am happy with my current level of engagement
YOUR DEPARTMENT'S RACIAL EQUITY WORK: LEADERSHIP, INFRASTRUCTURE, AND TOOLS
8. My department is committed to racial equity.
9. My department provides the resources necessary for addressing racial disparities and achieving racial equity.
RICHMOND'S RACIAL EQUITY WORK: ADVANCING RACIAL EQUITY IN THE COMMUNITY
10. The City of Richmond seeks input and assistance on decision-making from communities of color.
11. The City of Richmond is making progress on improving access to services for people of color.
12. What department do you work for?
GENERAL GOVERNMENT (Office of the Mayor, City Council, City Clerk, City Manager's Office, City Attorney, Police Commission, Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology
PUBLIC SAFETY (Police, Fire, Office of Neighborhood Safety)
INFRASTRUCTURE (Water Resource Recovery, Engineering & CIP, Planning & Building, Infrastructure Maintenance & Operations, Port)
CULTURAL AND RECREATIONAL (Library & Cultural Services, Community Services)
HOUSING AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT (Housing, Employment & Training, Richmond Housing Authority, Rent Control)
13. How long have you worked for the City?
Less than 1 year
21 or more years
Do you manage or supervise people?
15. What is your race / ethnicity? (Please check ALL that apply) (foundational)
American Indian or Alaska Native
Asian or Pacific Islander
Black/African American (not of Hispanic origin)
White (not of Hispanic origin)
Name any other race/ethnicity that is important to your identity
Leave This Blank:
Receive an email copy of this form.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field
Richmond Coronavirus Info
Slideshow Left Arrow
Slideshow Right Arrow