Multiple design alternatives were explored during the planning process involving different lane configurations, parking types, varying degrees of bicycle access, and different thematic elements. The following six design alternatives were explored and presented to the community:
- Aesthetic changes to the street only
- Angled parking with bike access
- Angled parking without bike access
- Parallel parking with bike access
- Reverse angled parking with a median
- Reverse angled parking with two traffic lanes
After extensive planning and community outreach a consensus was reached, and the parallel parking with bike access design alternative was selected.