Next Open Enrollment - June 1, 2010 to June 30, 2010
Enroll in the City of Richmond's TranBen commuter benefits program from June 1, 2010 through June 30, 2010. This program will allow you to set a portion of your salary aside pre-tax to be used towards your monthly transit passes and vanpool costs.
How It Works
- You enroll in the program and dedicate a dollar amount of your choice - up to $230 per month - to the purchase of public transportation passes. You indicate how many checks you would like in any dollar amount (check with your transit agency on available ticket values) and for as many transit agencies of your choice.
- You pick up your TranBen checks on the 26th of every month at City Hall, 2nd floor, cashier's window.
- You redeem your check at an approved sales outlet listed on the transit agency's website.
- Checks are valid for up to 15 months.
- You receive net savings of up to ~$800 a year!! (The pre-tax benefit applies to up to $2,760 a year.)
- You may enroll, cancel, or make changes to your election twice a year during open enrollment. The next open enrollment period is June 1, 2010- June 30, 2010.
Which transit agencies accept TranBen checks?
TranBen checks are accepted by all 27 Greater Bay Area Transit Agencies (including BART, AC Transit, Muni, Golden Gate Transit, County Connection, Benicia Breeze, Dumbarton Express, Fairfield-Suisun Transit, Healdsburg In-City Transit, Petaluma Transit, SamTrans, VTA, Santa Rose City Bus, Sonoma County Transit, Tri Delta Transit, Union City Transit, Vallejo Transit, and WestCAT Wheels). TranBen checks may also be used for Translink or to cover vanpool costs.