Sewer Lateral Grant Program
We are accepting applications for the 2023-2024 Fiscal Year for sewer lateral replacement work completed between 7/1/2023-6/30/2024.
Sewer Lateral Grant Application and required documents listed below must be submitted by email or mailed to the following address:
Water Resource Recovery
Attn: Sewer Lateral Grant Program
450 Civic Center Plaza, 2nd Floor
Richmond, CA 94804
Richmond, CA 94804
- Parcels served by the City of Richmond Sanitary Municipal Sewer District.
- Full sewer lateral replacement is required.
- Partial sewer lateral replacements are NOT eligible to apply.
- Sewer lateral replacement must be completed BEFORE applying.
- Sewer lateral replacement must be completed during Fiscal Year 2023-2024 (7/1/2023-6/30/2024).
- If you have previously received a Sewer Lateral Grant reimbursement, you are NOT eligible to apply.
- The City recommends obtaining estimates from at least three (3) contractors.
- Sewer Lateral Grant Application.
- Contractor’s final paid in full invoice.
- Proof of payment (copy of canceled check, credit card receipt, or bank statement are accepted).
- Certificate of Lateral Compliance (issued by the City after encroachment permit inspections are approved).
- Grant Deed (change of ownership taken place within last 3 months and/or if property is under a Trust).
- Tax-exempt organizations must submit proof of tax- exempt status.
- Application and required documents must be submitted via .
- Each fiscal year the City allocates sewer lateral grant funds to be awarded for private sewer lateral replacements.
- This program can be suspended at any time without prior or advanced notification or posting.
- Property owner(s) are eligible for ONE (1) sewer lateral grant reimbursement award in a lifetime.
- Reimbursement amount is $1,800 per application.
- Applications will NOT be accepted after the sewer lateral grant funds are exhausted.
- Reimbursement may take approximately 6-8 weeks from the date the completed application and documents are received by the City. The reimbursement check will be mailed.