Sewer Lateral Grant Program
We are accepting applications for the 2022-2023 Fiscal Year for sewer lateral replacement work completed between 7/1/2022-6/30/2023.
Application and copies of the required documents listed below must be submitted by email or mailed to the following address:
Water Resource Recovery
450 Civic Center Plaza, 2nd Floor
Richmond, CA 94804
The City of Richmond recommends obtaining estimates from at least three (3) contractors.
- Parcels served by the City of Richmond Sanitary Municipal Sewer District.
- Sewer lateral replacement must be completed BEFORE applying for the Sewer Lateral Grant Program.
- A full line replacement must be completed during Fiscal Year 2021-2022 (7/1/2022-6/30/2023).
- If you have previously received a Sewer Lateral Grant reimbursement, you will not be eligible to apply.
- Only Lateral Grant Applications dated 6/30/2022 or newer will be accepted.
- Contractor’s final paid in full invoice.
- Proof of payment (copy of canceled check, credit card receipt, or bank statement are accepted).
- Certificate of Lateral Compliance (issued by the City after encroachment permit inspections are approved).
- Grant Deed (change of ownership taken place within last 3 months and/or if property is under a Trust).
- Tax-exempt organizations must submit proof of tax- exempt status.
- Each fiscal year the City allocates sewer lateral grant funds to be awarded for private sewer lateral replacement.
- This program can be suspended at any time without prior or advanced notification or posting.
- Property owner(s) are eligible for ONE (1) sewer lateral grant reimbursement award in a lifetime on a first come first serve basis until all sewer lateral funds are exhausted.
- Starting July 1, 2022 and ending June 30, 2023, the complete sewer lateral grant reimbursement amount is $1,800 per application.
- Incomplete applications will NOT be accepted.
- All applications will be accepted via email and mail at this time. This is subject to change.
- No applications will be accepted after the sewer lateral grant funds are exhausted.
- Reimbursement may take approximately 5 weeks from the date the completed application is received and approved by the City.