Manage Your Library Account
You may check out up to forty (40) items. Seven (7) of these may be DVDs.
RPL books and audiobooks check out for 28 days (four weeks). DVDs check out for seven days (one week).
RPL materials may be renewed twice. You may renew in person, by telephone (510-620-6559), or through your online account.
Renewing Your Library Card
Richmond Public Library cards automatically expire every two years. If you are unable to log in to your library account or borrow material, you may need to renew your card. Visit the Circulation Desk or call 510-620-6559.
Effect of Fines and Fees
Fines less than $5.00 will not affect borrowing privileges.
Fines and fees may be paid in person by cash or check or online using Visa, Mastercard, or PayPal.
Still have questions?
Please call the Circulation Desk at 510-620-6559.
How to Pay your Fines with a Credit/Debit Card or PayPal
- Log in to your library account.
- Click on the unpaid fines and bills link and then click the Pay Online button.
- The fines/fees link is only visible if you have unpaid fines or fees in excess of $1.01.
- Click on Select All or choose the fine(s) you wish to pay by credit/debit card or PayPal.
- Choose a way to pay: Pay with PayPal or Pay with credit or debit card (Visa or Mastercard only)
- If you choose PayPal or credit or debit card, follow the on screen instructions to complete your transaction.
- You will automatically be sent a payment confirmation to the e-mail address listed in payment information.
- Keep receipts for your records, and as proof of payment.
Main, Bayview, West Side
Fines and fees can be paid in person by cash or check at the Circulation Desk.
You may also use a public computer to log in to your account and pay fines or fees using Visa, Mastercard, or PayPal.
Bookmobile, Book Van
The Bookmobile and Book Van do not accept payments for fines or fees.