- Library and Literacy
- Library Cards
- Your Library Account
Manage Your Library Account
You may check out up to one hundred (100) items. Twenty (20) of these may be DVDs.
RPL books, audiobooks, and DVDs check out for 28 days (four weeks). Chromebooks, laptops, WiFi hotspots, and science kits check out for seven days (one week).
RPL materials may be renewed twice. You may renew in person, by telephone (510-620-6559), or through your online account.
Renewing Your Library Card
Richmond Public Library cards automatically expire every two years. If you are unable to log in to your library account or borrow material, you may need to renew your card. Visit a Circulation Desk or call 510-620-6559.
Effect of Fees
The Richmond Public Library does not charge overdue fines. However, materials not returned will be charged replacement fees.
Fees less than $10.00 will not affect borrowing privileges.
Fees may be paid in person by cash or check or online using Visa, Mastercard, or PayPal.
Still have questions?
Please call the Circulation Desk at 510-620-6559.
PINs are now required for My Account functions.
Logging in to your library account allows you to
- Set or reset your PIN.
- Place and cancel holds (reservations)
- Renew checked out material
- Pay fines and fees by Visa, Mastercard, or PayPal
- Update your email address
- Create lists
- Rate materials
- View your reading history (if enabled)
Patron PINs are now active. Enabling PINs allows Richmond Public Library users to access LinkedIn Learning and provides an additional layer of account security.
How to Set Your PIN
If you use the online catalog Rosie and have not set up a PIN, you’ll be prompted to create a PIN the next time you log into My Account. Allowable PINs consist of four numerals.
If you forget your PIN, you can reset it through Rosie if you have a valid email address in your account. If you do not have an email address in your account or need additional assistance, call the Circulation Desk at (510) 620-6559 and request that they delete the PIN. You can then reset your PIN by going to My Account in Rosie or at a Circulation Desk.
- You will not need to use your PIN to check out books, access self-check, or for online resources that do not require PIN entry.
- Library staff cannot view your PIN and cannot tell you your PIN.
How to Pay Fees with a Credit/Debit Card or PayPal
- Log in to your library account.
- Click on the unpaid bills link and then click the Pay Online button.
- The fees link is only visible if you have unpaid fines or fees in excess of $1.01.
- Click on Select All or choose the fee(s) you wish to pay by credit/debit card or PayPal.
- Choose a way to pay: Pay with PayPal or Pay with credit or debit card (Visa or Mastercard only)
- If you choose PayPal or credit or debit card, follow the on screen instructions to complete your transaction.
- You will automatically be sent a payment confirmation to the e-mail address listed in payment information.
- Keep receipts for your records, and as proof of payment.
Main, Bayview, West Side
Fees can be paid in person by cash or check at the Circulation Desk. Make checks payable to City of Richmond.
You may also use a public computer to log in to your account and pay fees using Visa, Mastercard, or PayPal.
Bookmobile, Book Van
The Bookmobile and Book Van do not accept payments.