Wildfire Preparedness and Evacuation Guide
- City of Richmond Wildfire Preparedness and Evacuation Guide: Designed for those living in areas of high fire danger, this guide has extensive information about preparing yourself and your property for wildfire events.
Guía de preparación y evacuación de incendios forestales de la ciudad de Richmond: Esta guía, diseñada para quienes viven en áreas de alto riesgo de incendios, tiene una amplia información sobre cómo prepararse usted y su propiedad para eventos de incendios forestales.
Download Disaster Recovery Document Worksheet
- Download HELP sign for window.
- Answers to Community Questions on Prevention and Evacuation
CAL FIRE's Ready for Wildfire
- Visit CAL FIRE's Ready for Wildfire website for additional resources related to preparing, preventing, and recovering from wildfire incidents.
- The City of Richmond uses Nixle to send emergency alerts and advisories to the community via text or email.
- Text your Richmond zip code to 888-777 or visit www.nixle.com to sign up. Read more at www.ci.richmond.ca.us/nixle.
- Residents should also register for alerts from the Countywide Community Warning System, by visiting https://cwsalerts.com/.
Wildland Vegetation Standards
- Very High Fire Hazard Severity Zone Brochure: Use this guide to reduce potential fire hazards on your property
- Inspection Form
- Vegetation Management Standards (City of Richmond Resolution)
- Drought Tolerant Landscaping Resources
- Exterior Hazard Complaint Form: Use this form to report a property that is out of compliance.
Community Wildfire Protection Plan
- View the Richmond Community Wildfire Protection Plan
- The goal of the Richmond CWPP is to reduce hazard through increased information and education about wildfires, hazardous fuels reduction, actions to reduce structure ignitability and other recommendations to assist emergency preparedness and fire suppression efforts. Most important, it facilitates a coordinated effort between the various stakeholders. The CWPP complements local agreements and existing plans for wildfire protection for a coordinated effort in determining appropriate fire management actions.
Embers and sparks cause fires. Ember attack causes a wildfire! Hence, an important step in preventing a wildfire is hardening our homes in this community (i.e., making our homes ember resistant).
https://www.readyforwildfire.org/prepare-for-wildfire/get-ready/hardening-your-home/ - Learn more about home hardening from Cal Fire
https://ucanr.edu/sites/fire/Prepare/Building/ - Table listing home hardening items you could do around your home
Low Cost Retrofit
http://www.readyforwildfire.org/wp-content/uploads/Low-cost-Retrofit-List-Update-2_17_22-2.pdf - Learn more about Low Cost Retrofit
State Fire Marshal Approved Build Materials
Home Hardening is a MUST for becoming FireWise
We are planning to become a FireWise community and it involves home hardening. Read more about becoming FireWise here: https://www.readyforwildfire.org/prepare-for-wildfire/firewise-communities/