Stay Engaged - How You Can Help During COVID-19
Welcome to the “HELP” Page
During this crisis, we need the community’s help to serve critical needs. Please refer the links below in key area where your donations or service are needed.
Community Toolkit – Share with your neighbors!
Patronize Local Small Businesses
- Richmond Chamber of Commerce’s list of Richmond businesses open for Food Delivery or Take-Out
- The City of Richmond, along with partners from the RYSE Center, EdFUND West, Richmond Promise, and Building Blocks for Kids, announced the launch of the Richmond Rapid Response Fund (R3F) on May 5, 2020. The Richmond Rapid Response Fund (R3F) is a wraparound initiative that will meet the immediate and ongoing needs of the community during the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond. R3F will focus on key priority areas including food and essential supplies, economic recovery and security, housing and homelessness, health and healing, education and learning, and social and legal services. To view more, or donate, please visit the Richmond Rapid Response Fund website.
- Contra Costa Health Services is now accepting donations of protective equipment and supplies for use by healthcare providers throughout the county. Businesses and residents are encouraged to donate only the following types of protective medical supplies:
- Eye protection, such as goggles and face shields
- Antibacterial and disinfectant wipes, typically alcohol or bleach based (unopened). NO baby wipes.
- N-95 and surgical masks (in unopened containers/boxes)
- Medical gowns: disposable gowns, as well as cloth surgical and hospital gowns in good conditions.
- Supplies for Childcare Centers: Toilet paper • Paper towels • Surgical type gloves • Household grade disinfectant spray • Household grade disinfectant wipes
- Supplies for Patients in Need: New pillows (in packaging) • New blankets (in packaging) • New shower shoes • Sweatshirts (clean)
- To view donation sites and hours, click here.
- The Contra Costa Regional Health Foundation has launched the COVID-19 Rapid Response Fund to meet the growing need in our community during this time of crisis. Your donation will directly support trusted and vetted local nonprofit partners and focus on meeting community needs.
- Greater Richmond Interfaith Program (GRIP) – Homeless Services
- GRIP is in desperate need of masks/face coverings that are ear-loop style for children and adults. Ear-loop face coverings are masks that have two ear loops on the side rather than a head fitting. They also need donations of bottled water.
- Contact: email@example.com or 510-860-9590
- Contra Costa Food Bank
- The West Contra Costa Public Education Fund created the COVID-19 School Closure Fund to support WCCUSD families during the outbreak. The fund assists with groceries, internet service, hotel vouchers, childcare costs and other emergency needs as they are identified. For more information or to donate click here.
- West Contra Costa Unified School District Lunch Program - donations of sealed food items are needed.
- Soulful Softball Sunday organizers are looking for volunteers to help with loading and unloading food trucks for the district feeding program. Contact: Rodney Alamo Brown, 510-830-6101 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- GRIP needs volunteers to help serve food daily from 7 am to 2 pm. Contact: email@example.com or 510-860-9590
- Meals on Wheels – Services for Seniors
- Food Bank of Contra Costa/Solano
- Contra Costa Crisis Center
- West Contra Costa Unified School District Lunch Program.
- Loaves and Fishes
- Richmond Grows Seed Lending Library Website | Volunteer Sign-Up