June 3, 2023
4300 Cutting Blvd
Richmond, CA 94804
Summer Swim Lessons (Session A, Youth 6y-12y, Sea Turtles) at RSC
Saturday, June 3, 2023
The goal of Sea Turtles is to help swimmers achieve comfort in the water and gain familiarity with fundamental skills and achieve success without support. This class will likely need to be repeated multiple times if your child has not attended prior swim lessons.
Focus: floating and gliding on front and back, developing simultaneous and alternating arm and leg actions, beginning fundamentals of side breathing, and laying a foundation for future strokes, all without instructor support
- 5 bobs
- Retrieve object in 3 ft. of water
- Front float for 5 sec. and recover
- Back float for 5 sec. and recover
- Roll from front float to back float
- Push off the wall and kick in missile 5 yds.
- Front arm stroke and kick in missile 5 yds.
- Kick on back 5 yds.
- Elementary Backstroke