Charge Up Contra Costa
Contact: Denée Evans, Transportation Department, email@example.com, (510) 621-1718
From Roadmap to Reality: Securing Contra Costa's Electric Mobility Future
In February, 2021, the California Energy Commission awarded the Contra Costa Transportation Authority (CCTA) with $3,467,067 in Clean Transportation Funding to implement community-based strategies identified in the CCTA’s Electric Vehicle Readiness Blueprint. The CCTA and partners provided local match funding of $842,684. The Clean Transportation Funding is designed to help the state attain its climate change policies.
The CCTA program called Charge Up Contra Costa will support electric personal mobility and provide educational programs in low-income communities in Contra Costa.
- Rebates for the procurement of electric vehicle charging stations: MCE
- Electric vehicle carshare in Richmond: Mobility Development and Miocar
- eBike rebates
- FUTURE BUILD Workforce Development courses for electric vehicle maintenance and repair: Future Build
- RichmondBUILD Workforce Development courses and employment leads for installation and maintenance of electric vehicle charging stations: RichmondBuild
The program aims to improve localized health impacts with estimates to reduce 54,640 tons of greenhouse gases that exacerbate health issues including emphysema, asthma, and other respiratory diseases such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and bronchitis.
Charge Up Contra Costa will run through March 2024. For more information about the program go to: https://ccta.net/projects/charge-up/.
The Program Partners
The CCTA has partnered with the California Energy Commission the cities of Richmond, Concord, and Pittsburg and key non-profit partners MCE, Richmond Build, Future Build, Mobility Development, and Richmond Community Foundation to deliver the Charge Up Contra Costa program
- MCE. MCE will lead the outreach efforts to install electric vehicle charging stations at multi-unit dwellings and public locations.
- Future Build. Workforce Development in Pittsburg to provide classes to individuals looking to build job skills in the repair and maintenance on electric vehicles. http://www.ci.richmond.ca.us/ChargeUpContraCosta.
- Richmond Build. Workforce Development in Richmond to provide classes to individuals looking to build job skills in the installation, repair and maintenance of electric vehicle charging stations.
- Mobility Development. Mobility Development will lead the outreach and operation of electric vehicle carshare in Richmond. mobilitydevelopment.org/Charge-up-Contra-Costa/.
- Richmond Community Foundation. Richmond Community Foundation will support the outreach for locating electric vehicle carshare in low-income communities throughout Richmond. https://www.cfrichmond.org.
- AMG. AMG TDM group will oversee outreach and administration of eBike rebates on behalf of CCTA. AMG is supporting CCTA with overall grant coordination.
For more information contact Peter Engel, Director of Programs.