City Holidays Days Observed
The Recreation Department offers affordable, year-round aquatic programs at two locations, the Richmond Plunge and the Richmond Swim Center. We offer a wide variety of programs. All programs are led by professional, enthusiastic, American Red Cross certified pool staff. Swimmers of all ages and abilities will discover that the benefits of aquatic instruction, recreation and fitness are endless.
Admission & Supervision Requirements for Richmond Swim Center
Due to the water depth of the pool: Children less than 48 inches tall (outdoor pool), 60 inches tall (indoor pool), or under the age of seven, must be attended by and supervised at arms distance in the water and deck area at all times by an adult with a limit of two children per adult, or by a non-adult (a responsible person 15 years of age minimum) with a limit of one child to one non- adult.
- Martin L. King Jr. Day January 20, 2014
- Presidents Day February 17, 2014
- Memorial Day May 26, 2014
- Independence Day July 4, 2014
- Labor Day September 1, 2014
- Admission Day September 9, 2014
- Indigenous Peoples Day October 13, 2014
- Veteran's Day November 11, 2014
- Thanksgiving Day November 27, 28, 2014
- Christmas Day December 25, 2014
The Richmond Swim Center is currently closed due to maintenance. Most swim programs have been relocated to the Richmond Plunge. For swim program schedules, please check our website at www.ci.richmond.ca.us/richmond or you may call the Richmond Plunge at (510) 620-6820.
We apologize for any inconvenience.