Ford Motor Company Assembly Plant
Ford Motor Company Assembly Plant was built in 1930 and designed by Albert Kahn. It is nearly 500,000 square feet. During World War II, military combat vehicles received final processing before they were transported to the war area. After the war the Plant produced over a million cars - the last one in February 1955. The Plant closed that year, unable to meet production demands. Sustaining some damage in the 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake, the Ford Plant (now called Ford Point) has been rehabilitated and is 90% occupied with office, retail, restaurant, industrial / research, and development spaces and the Rosie the Riveter Visitor Center.