The Richmond Police Department is concerned for the victims of crime in Richmond. To assist crime victims the Richmond Police Department has partnered with several community advocacy agencies within Contra Costa County to provide resources for crime victims and families in crisis. Advocates are assigned to the Richmond Police Department at 1701 Regatta Boulevard and at the West Contra Costa Family Justice Center. Some of our major partners include Adult Protective Services, Bay Area Legal Aid, Community Violence Solutions, the Contra Costa County District Attorney Crime Victim Advocacy Program, and STAND! For Families Free of Violence.
The West Contra Costa Family Justice Center is located at 256 24th St. Richmond CA 94804. The Family Justice Center is open for walk-ins and appointments on Mondays from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, and for appointments Tuesday through Friday by calling our 24-hour number at 510-965-4949.
Please contact our in-house partnership advocates using the information listed below.
County APS agencies investigate reports of abuse of elders and dependent adults who live in private homes and hotels or hospitals and health clinics when the abuser is not at staff member. (The Licensing & Certification program of the California Department of Health Services handles cases of abuse by a member of a hospital or health clinic.) County APS staff evaluates abuse cases and arranges for services such as advocacy, counseling, money management, out-of-home placement, or conservatorship.
Reports of abuse that occur in a nursing home, a board and care home, a residential facility for the elderly, or at a long term care facility are the responsibility of the Ombudsman's office which is administered by the California Department of Aging.
APS staff also provides information and referral to other agencies and educates the public about reporting requirements and responsibilities under the Elder and Dependent Adult Abuse Reporting laws.
To learn more about Adult Protective Services please visit their website.
Bay Area Legal Aid focuses on the four priority areas identified by clients and the community:
- Domestic Violence: Assist domestic violence survivors to escape the violence and create a safe and stable environment for themselves and their families through Family Law, Restraining Order and Immigration assistance.
- Housing Preservation: Assist clients to access and preserve safe affordable housing free of discrimination.
- Access to Health Care: Assist clients to obtain healthcare services from county and state programs.
- Economic Security: Assist clients to secure public benefits and eliminate the barriers to employment and self-sufficiency.
To learn more about Bay Area Legal Aid please visit their website.
Community Violence Solutions provides support services to child and adult victims of sexual assault and their families through these main programs:
- 24-Hour Crisis Intervention Hotline and Rape Crisis Center
- Sexual Assault Response Team
- Children's Interview Center
- Prevention Services
- Safe 4 Us
- Anti Human Trafficking
This program will provide immediate assistance for crime victims and can provide support during the crisis of the crime.
The goals of the program are:
- To provide immediate contact with the crime victim, preferably within one business day of the crime
- To develop stronger relationships with law enforcement
- To provide community outreach that will develop partnerships that will assist crime victims
- To provide field visits to hospitals, police departments, funeral/burial providers, schools, government agencies, and community based organizations
- To develop a network of resources that will assist victims of crime
- To provide immediate crisis counseling to crime victims by licensed therapists
- Crime Prevention Information
- Crime Victim Rights (Marsy’s Law)
- Criminal Justice Information
- Crisis Counseling
- Crisis Intervention
- Property Return
- Resource and Referral Assistance
- Victim Compensation Program Application Assistance
- Crime Scene Clean-up
- Home Security
- Income Loss
- Mental Health Counseling
- Support Loss
Domestic violence and child abuse often co-occur in families. As the only comprehensive family violence prevention agency in Contra Costa County, STAND! assists more than 10,000 clients annually by providing comprehensive prevention, intervention, and treatment services to end the cycle of violence and child abuse.
In an effort to reach persons impacted by family violence as early as possible STAND! provides family violence training for law enforcement personnel and health care providers. And to reach children impacted by family violence and/or child abuse, STAND! has developed children's therapy, childcare, and children's educational programs.
To learn more about STAND! For Families Free of Violence please visit their website.
West Contra Costa Family Justice Center256 24th St. Richmond, CA 94804