The City of Richmond’s Revolving Loan Fund (RLF) was a community-based program with the goal of fostering local economic growth through the creation and retention of employment opportunities for Richmond residents and complementing community and individual development initiatives.
In 2021, the City of Richmond transferred the program to the community partner, Community First Lending. Please direct all inquiries and complete applications by visiting their site at www.communityfirstlending.org.
Who should apply?
Your business may be eligible for RLF loans if it:
- Business is located in the City of Richmond
- Business has been in operation for a minimum of one year
- Plans to locate to the City of Richmond
- Will provide services or hire residents within the City of Richmond
Types of Loans
The RLF provides four loan options to business owners:
- Working capital—for the costs of business operations
- Machinery/equipment—for the acquisition of machinery and equipment
- Fixed assets—for leasehold improvements, renovation, expansion of a structure, or purchase of fixed assets
- Facade improvements—for improving the exterior appearance of a business
Loan amounts range from a minimum of $5,000 to a maximum of $100,000. Loan applications are reviewed by the RLF Board.