Can the City install additional street lights in front of my house?
Most of the existing street light were installed based on the City adopted criteria or design guideline stated in the Municipal Codes. Currently, the City is also looking into the energy saving program that allows the City to use different types of luminaries. If the new policy is adopted, new luminaries will light up the street more uniformly with the resulting lighting brighter than the current conditions. For new street light request Engineering Services will review and investigate each request on a case-by-case basis. City street lights can be categorized into two types. Street light mounting that is supported by wooden poles are being maintained by PG&E, while the non-wooden pole street lights are maintained by the City’s electricians. For general Street light maintenance issues, please contact the Engineering Services at 510-307-8091 or the Public Works Department at 510-231-3011. Both Departments can handle any street light malfunction issues.

Show All Answers

1. Can we have a STOP sign to control speeding?
2. Can the City install speed humps in our neighborhood?
3. Can we have "SLOW CHILDREN AT PLAY" signs?
4. Why am I waiting at a red light when there is no cross-traffic?
5. Can we have a crosswalk?
6. Can you lower the speed limit so everyone will drive more slowly?
7. I can't see down the street because Cars park right next to my driveway. What can be done?
8. I got a speeding ticket by a law enforcement officer using a radar gun on a City street. Is that legal?
9. Can our street be closed off to divert all this traffic?
10. Can the City install additional street lights in front of my house?
11. Who should I contact about potholes on my street?
12. Who is responsible for repairing the sidewalk in front of my house?
13. How can I get the curb in front of my house painted blue?
14. Who do I contact with questions about my water service?
15. Who do I contact with questions about garbage collection services?
16. Where can I find information about the Sewer Lateral Grant Program (the City’s program designed to help reimburse homeowners for the cost of repairing sewer laterals)?
17. How do I obtain a storm drainage map?